A popular tourist hub in the state of Himachal Pradesh, Kheerganga has its own speciality, culture, and traditions. If you like anything about lush green lands and mountains, this is the destination you should head for.
This famous hill station is full of thrill and excitement, making the tourists feel alive and full of life.
- Region: Himachal Pradesh
- Altitude: 2960 meters
- Distance: 13km
- Difficulty: easy to moderate
Best time to visit
You can do this trek whenever you feel like doing it. But the perfect time considered for the trek is from April to May and September to October.
How to reach Barshaini
Delhi to Bhuntar
- Distance: 490kms
- Time: 10-12 hours
Bhuntar to Barshaini
- Distance: 50-70km
- Time: 2-3 hours
Barshaini to Kheerganga
- Distance: 8-10kms
- Time (trekking): 5-7 hours
The base point of the Kheerganga trek is from a tiny village of Barshaini. So to do this trek, you need to reach Barshaini first.
If you have your own vehicle, you can directly reach Barshaini without any trouble. But if you are taking a bus or train or flight to reach there, then there are several routes.
You can take any bus on the Delhi-Chandigarh-Manali route and get down at Bhuntar. From there, you will easily get a local bus or taxi for Barshaini.
Bhuntar airport is the nearest airport, which is 31km away from Kasol, which is well connected with Barshaini via road.
Joginder Nagar railway station is the nearest railway station to Barshaini. This railway station is 145 km away from Kasol.
Kheerganga Trek Highlights
Kheerganga is a popular trekking destination. Tourists across the world do this trek. This trek is famous for its beauty, adventure, fun, and camping. The place has something for each age group. The highlights of this trekking destinations are given below.
You will witness the most wonderful and scenic beauty of the place surrounded by snow-capped mountain peaks, scenic farmlands, enchanting water streams, and dense forests of oak and pine trees throughout your way to Kheerganga.
Kutla Village Via Tosh
Kutla is a tiny village in the mid of Himalayas. This offbeat village offers peace, calmness, and smoothness with its untouched natural beauty. You can reach Kutla by walking through a narrow trail. The village is a two-hour trek from Tosh.
Kheerganga & Buni Buni Pass Trek
This less travelled Buni Buni pass is a perfect hideout for someone who looks for solitude. It is a couple of hour-long trek from Kheerganga, passing through serene landscapes and majestic valleys, offering the beautiful view of the famous Parvati Valley.
- Carry all your necessary medications with you along with basic medicines that are required for mountain sickness, motion sickness, anxiety, and other possible situations.
- Consumption of Alcohol, drugs, and other toxic substance is not advisable. You will be fined heavily if caught.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the trek and avoid smoking.
- Follow your team leader’s instructions. Do not wander off on your own. You might get lost and couldn’t find the way back.
- Carry warm clothes irrespective of seasons. The weather there is not constant.
- People who are suffering from any kind of ailment or heart problems are advised not to come on the trek. Please consult your doctor before doing this trek.
Things to carry
- Comfortable hiking pants
- Fleece jacket and Down jacket
- Waterproof windbreaker, raincoat, and umbrella
- Pair of woolen socks and gloves
- Warm hat or cap
- Sunglasses, body lotion, lip balm, and sunscreen
- Portable charger, power bank, a camera with extra memory cards and a headlight with extra batteries
- Toiletries like body wipes, hand wipes, face wipes, shampoo, toothpaste, and toothbrush
- Trekking gears like- a sleeping bag, tent, mattress, and trekking poles
- First aid box with all the necessary medicines including pain reliever, band-aids, and water purification tablets
Do’s and Don’t’s on your trip
- Carry water bottles and munching items like chips, chikki, chocolates, and dry fruits.
- Do a proper survey of the Kheerganga trek before going there.
- Do not forget to carry medication and first aid box.
- Respect the local traditions and cultures.
- Don’t litter here and there. Keep the surroundings clean.
- Don’t throw waste material here and there. Keep the trash in your bag separately and dispose of it later at its right place.
- Don’t mess with local people and other travellers.
- Do not play loud music. Use headphones instead. Many people come there to find peace.
Hope that with our guides on how to trek to Kheerganga, you will have one of the most enjoyable experiences in your lifetime. For further information, feel free to contact us or visit our website. Don’t forget to like and share the article with others if it’s useful for you. Thank you.