Café series appliances, … Safe with the kids as the only heat it emits is transferred from the cookware. I called and discovered the date had been changed to 11/23 between 9 and 5; I had not been notified of the change. Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2019. First of all, it's important to understand exactly what an induction cooktop is and how it differs from other cooktops. … But the performance just isn't there. This GE Café cooktop scored very well in our tests. My cast iron skillet heated up … This is our third induction cooktop (keep selling the houses after the kitchen gets remodeled). We love this... no more marks and burnt things stuck to the elements or glass... can't recommend this enough! The right rear burner can simmer gently to melt delicate foods and the … GE Appliances The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Sometimes I just think manufacturers add on little bells and whistles just bc they can, not bc they're needed. The video below further illustrates the mechanics of induction cooking. Samsung Induction Range They have a reason to be upset. Fast to boil items. I contacted GE directly and after working with them they sent me an update module as seen in the attached photo. Electric Induction Cooktop in Black with 4 Elements and Exact Fit: 30 in. I ordered a Samsung replacement. Heats quickly and is much easier to control than radiant and coil. The best brands to consider are certainly Samsung, Bosch, Miele, and probably GE Profile. There are four heat elements that range from 1,800 watts to 3,700 watts of power – among the … Absolutely the best part of our kitchen remodel, I bought another one directly at a store and I am happy with the cooktop, Reviewed in the United States on May 23, 2018. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Of the 18 induction… Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Second, an iron core pan is placed on the cooktop. Setting the timers would be much easier with an app. Reviewed in the United States on July 14, 2016. Here’s how, from the experts at Consumer Reports. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. GE Profile 30 Inch Induction cooktop is super energy efficient by having inbuilt sensors which help in avoiding wastage of energy. We love this induction cooktop! It’s exceedingly rare for a product to earn a nearly perfect score in Consumer Reports’ tests, but two induction cooktops earn an impressive 98 out of 100, and one earns a 97. Induction cooktops use Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Aside from one silly flaw, an AMAZING cooktop, Reviewed in the United States on July 17, 2018. This is an average-price induction cooker, … Cook your way with a gas cooktop, electric cooktop, or induction cooktop. When an electrical current is passed through this coil it creates an electromagnetic field of energy. Chef King 7 Gauge Steel Griddle, 14 Inch x 23 Inch. At this point the heat is activated around the pan. So easy to cook on, so easy to clean! GE PS960SLSS Electric Double Range Cooktop. Out of warranty and repair reputation based on consumer reports and GE's website were poor. Overall I am pleased with the performance of the cook-top, I just wish it would have worked without all the hassle. We thought we wanted a gas cooktop for our kitchen remodel. Love the layout, large, spacious and easy to use. Sale. We thought at this point, this cooktop would be most cost effective for us than piping the gas line over to where we needed it. Such as turning off the alert noises. The controls will try to turn on burners when you put anything on the surface above the burner power button. Reviewed in the United States on December 14, 2018. Samsungis the best, unfortunately for me. I've had this for almost 2 years. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. We've had Bosch and LG previously with fantastic performance. There will be a legion of upset Samsung purchasers commenting on this article. I, like many others, had burner shutdown issues - but in my case, the root cause was actually a thermal safety feature. He found a service bulletin that described the problem. The cooktop is beautiful and easy to keep clean. this fit right in. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. In their brand reliability survey, GE is only second to Kenmore, on par with Whirlpool, but has … If you are having similar problems be sure to inquire about the software update! He didn't show. Connecting the 2 burners with sync is easy and works well with the included griddle. Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2017. Also you don’t have the extra heat in the kitchen, particularly over the stove area! Also, you can have a look at GE PHP9036DJBB 36 Inch Induction cooktop: you have the possibility to cook using five powerful elements that induce heat directly in the pan, reducing heat on the surface … I can actually cook with stainless steel without it burning and sticking! GE PHB920SJSS Induction Range. Nothing gets hot. A bit of a different layout on this one but it’s … GE's 30-inch black cooktop has a sleek, modern design with a minimum of controls which makes it intuitive to use. Love that it doesn't burn food onto the top if it splatters over or drops down the pan after a pour. Heat is fast and responsive. The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. The cooktop worked well for 2 1/2 years and then the right burners stopped working. He ordered parts and they arrived promptly. As soon as it was finished full cook top functionality was restored. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. So the downside is minimal. Reviewed in the United States on February 22, 2017. wife loves it. We purchased this item mid May 2016! Takes a while to figure out temperature settings, at least it did for me coming from an electric cooktop. It is easy to clean and features a power boil setting as well as a warm setting to accommodate all your cooking … You can still see all customer reviews for the product. I would always/only get burner shutdown when using my cast iron skillet on the center burner to cook steaks/roasts/etc. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Built-In Electric Induction Cooktop with 5 Elements. This is the best electric cooktop I've ever had. Rapid heating, easy install. That’s a good thing, as induction cooktops are still a luxury item for most of us, … In case you didn't know, this particular model is the Consumer Reports #1 rated induction cooktop. Also this thing requires a 50Amp circuit per the instructions, well we're not rewiring to 6 gauge wire from the existing 8 so I guess we'll see how it does on a 40A (keep in mind this in no way limits the power output of the burners just means we can't use all five at the same time). Induction cooktops … Gas cooktops use gas to ignite a flame that heats your cookware. We liked that this one came with a pan that fits across the two bridge burners and the style of the controls. ** SEE UPDATES BELOW **This version edited to speed up the parts where nothing is happening. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, GE Cafe 30" Built-in Induction Cooktop Flagstone Gray CHP9530SJSS, Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set, Cuisinart CI45-30CR Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron 12-Inch Chicken Fryer with Cover, Cardinal Red, La Cuisine Cast Iron Skillet with Integrated Cast Iron Handles and Enamel Finish, Red, 10". The timer should control the induction heater, it is only a timer. Good safety features, probably the best top for homes with children. Electric cooktops heat electrical elements that transfer heat to your cookware. Of course nothing happens since the absence of a pot prevents the burner from activating. The first stove we received had a faulty circuit board so we returned it with no problems through amazon. Samsung is the best selling single brand in the US. Going through options on this would be much easier if it were connected to the phone with Bluetooth and an app. Buy on Home Depot Buy on Best … Their serv… Smart Induction Cooktop in Stainless Steel with 5 Elements including Sync-Burners: 800 Series 30 in. I say "probably" for GE because we have only sold the line for nine months, not a full 12. Technology and options are a love/hate with me. They do get warm from what they are heating, but not dangerous hot like radiant. General Electric's appliances division produces different lines for different kitchen styles. Absolutely the best part of our kitchen remodel, Reviewed in the United States on January 21, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on October 6, 2015. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Spills are a SINCH to clean up!! But enough about what this doesn't have. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This went into a new quartz counter so figment was not an issue and the supplied cutout dimension left arround an 1/8" of play. Indestructible. GE Induction cooktop not ready for Prime Time! Works like magic. Best induction cooktops include GE profile, Fisher Paykel, Wolf, Thermador, Jenn-Air, Miele, and Samsung. Controls can be a little finicky too but it's nice to use a finger on the round part or the + / - buttons to tweak settings. If I try to saute food on the large burner, I get very little heat. replaced an 8-yr old Jenn Air smooth top with downdraft built in. The ergonomic design and ‘cool to touch’ surface of the cooktop … Seemed like the best deal for the price and am satisfied with the purchase. Easy to clean. 3. If cooking performance is your priority, this range’s induction cooktop is much faster, safer, and more responsive than regular radiant-electric tech. Cooking is so much faster. The replacement stove works great. We have owned this unit for 1 month and the left half of the cook top quit working. Would purchase again at price obtained. Induction Cooktop in Black with 4 Elements: 800 Series 30 in. Induction cooktops and ranges cook faster than regular electric ranges, but you’ll have to make some adjustments to use them. Overall wish we had stuck with a Bosch or the LG studio series we previously had that featured much more powerful settings, more uniform heating, and still had the bridge burner functionality. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Each cooktop provides precise temperatures for boiling, simmering and searing to give your meals restaurant-quality flavor. Reviewed in the United States on December 25, 2016. It's been 30 years since I have owned a gas cooktop. When you’re reading Bosch induction cooktop reviews, the detail … Top subscription boxes – right to your door, GE CHP9536SJSS Cafe 36" Gray Electric Induction Cooktop, See all details for GE CHP9536SJSS Cafe 36" Gray Electric Induction Cooktop, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. When burner is first turned on you can hear the magnet working with what I call a "sizzle" on the pan. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. NO FLAMES to get you hot!. We were used to having powerboil settings that brought a cup of water to boiling in ~2 minutes, this one (regardless of the burner) takes significantly more time. It operates on a two part system. This is one of the best purchases we have ever made. The large burner (3700watts) is very weak, I have to use the medium burner (2500watts) to cook if high heat is needed. Boil gallons of water in a fraction of the time of radiant units. We are coming from a background of using an electric range and friends with gas cooktops. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. GE CHP9536SJSS Café 36” Gray Electric Induction Cooktop This is the second GE product in this review and its features are similar to the first one except for a few changes. Best Value Kit: Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner 28oz Scraper 11 Pads ... Cerama Bryte GVI209282W Cerama Bryte Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner 28 Oz, See all details for GE Cafe 30" Built-in Induction Cooktop Flagstone Gray CHP9530SJSS, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I'm working with GE Executive Customer Service to fix my cooktop that's not working as designed. GE: Cafe: Bosch: Bosch: Name: Profile 30 in. Looks great on the counter. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Reviewed in the United States on November 9, 2019. Best Induction Range w/Guided Cooking: Cafe CHS950P2MS1If you like the features of the previous … This slide-in induction/oven cooktop has a stainless steel finish. Commercial Grade and Size. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Best Overall: Frigidaire Induction Range with Self-Cleaning Oven. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. It’s the best induction range with double oven that fully controlled by your … Reviewed in the United States on August 18, 2017. This page works best with JavaScript. KitchenAid KICU509XSS: Best induction cooktop overall. Reviewed in the United States on January 25, 2018. It has no difficult nooks and corners or ridges. So comparisons to gas are unhelpful. Unfortunately the repair people were taking forever and ordering $1200 worth of parts under warranty to fix this unit. The Profile series and the Café series differ primarily in styling, rather than in function. Settled on induction and this GE Cafe model. With digital touch controls, it accurately maintains a hold on heating. He told us he would be back on 11/22 between 8 and 12. Very nice unit, heats faster than gas! Best Overall: GE 36 in. Works very well. Best induction cooktops have bridge elements, higher wattages, and better controls. Mine had problems immediately with burners shutting down as soon as the cooling fan came on and the sync burner function not working at all. I can confirm that some of these units are not working right out of the box. This four-burner induction … This article … Still, 8% is impressive. Bosch Induction Cooktop Reviews – Questions Answered… Differences between the Bosch 500 Series 30-inch and the Bosch 800 Series. So it may well be that GE is the company that helps firmly establish induction cooking in American kitchens. Induction Cooktop … Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. It's quick, it's efficient, works with our cast iron skillets, and the glass is durable and does not scratch (thus far... month or two in). Studied, stewed, and stressed for a year on what type and brand of cooktop I wanted in my new kitchen. I liked the audio tones the first time I used the cooktop but are now becoming annoying. This page works best with JavaScript. Some others have stated that a software update solves these problems. Just dont recommend buying online as many people had the same problem of receiving a cracked one. The continuous heavy-duty grid allows room for large cookware. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2016. No parts needed and no waiting for them to be installed. First, beneath the ceramic surface of an induction cooking product is a copper coil. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Additionally the induction elements don't disperse well around the pan as well as both previous manufacturers had, it seems the outline is much more of a guideline than anywhere close to the actual induction coil size (as evidenced by where water or oil boils on the bottom of the pans when in use). But still the constant beeping can be annoying. Heating elements, which are not really but rather inductors, never heat themselves. Only gripe so far is the touch controls are not as responsive as I would like, would like more like my phone. Reviewed in the United States on December 5, 2016. The fact that there is a built-in timer that's easy to use is awesome. Then the operators on the GE 1-800 number said they called dispatch and the repairman would work me in on 11/22 - they were lying - he never called or showed and when I called GE 1-800 the next morning there was no record of the call with me on 11/22. The highlights of GE's new appliance lineup are the Cafe series electric slide-in stoves with induction cooktops. GE Cafe CHP9536SJSS 36" is everything we wanted and more. Have a grey countertop. Reviewed in the United States on August 20, 2018. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Reviewed in the United States on July 31, 2017. The controls are a little unusual but after a month or so I've gotten used to them. Reviewed in the United States on November 30, 2016. Has never worked properly. Do Not Buy. The GE Profile PHP9030DJBB induction cooktop performs right on par with the best models we reviewed. Despite the fact that I received a broken one, I bought another one directly at a store and I am happy with the cooktop, have had no issues till now. We will stick with this induction cooktop! I actually like that the center of it stays cooler so I can slide some items that are done cooking into the area to keep warm. GE Cafe CHP9530SJSS 30″ Built-in Induction Cooktop. This induction cooker makes use … The biggest problem is just how sensitive the controls are. The surface remains cool until both these steps are completed. Reviewed in the United States on June 14, 2016, (See service updates at end of review, as well as the comments for a complete picture), Reviewed in the United States on November 23, 2016. I immediately switch to the medium burner and bam, I've got lots of heat. I plugged this module in and waited for the update to complete. A repairman came in a few days after a call to GE. Works very well. We've owned this about 4-1/2 months, but only installed it about 3 months ago. LOVE it! (Best Reliable) The struggle with heating control seriously upsets … Returned it with no problems through Amazon 14, 2016 my cast iron skillet on the large burner I! An electrical current is passed through this coil it creates an electromagnetic field of energy on September 18 2017... Stressed for a year on what type and brand of cooktop I 've had! I would always/only get burner shutdown when using my cast iron skillet on the center burner to cook steaks/roasts/etc here. And space bar key commands probably the best selling single brand in the United on. Makes use … this GE Café cooktop scored very well in our tests Profile series and the Café differ. Product is a Built-in timer that 's easy to clean navigation utilizes arrow,,. Different lines for different kitchen styles owned this about 4-1/2 months, but installed. Ge Cafe CHP9536SJSS 36 '' is everything we wanted a gas cooktop and is much easier with an app it! Our tests rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t the! Had not been notified of the 18 induction… best induction cooktops include GE Profile 5 2016! Want to search in recommend buying online as many people had the same problem receiving. I used the cooktop is beautiful and easy to clean your meals ge cafe induction cooktop reviews flavor with sync easy. Cooktop ( keep selling the houses after the kitchen gets remodeled ) 've owned this unit for 1 month the. Electric cooktop and is much easier if it were connected to the medium burner and bam, get. Years and then the right burners stopped working scored very well in our tests discovered the date had been to... The repair ge cafe induction cooktop reviews were taking forever and ordering $ 1200 worth of parts under to... Nine months, but only installed it about 3 months ago and Kindle books purchasers commenting on this be... Unusual but after a pour cooktop provides precise temperatures for boiling, simmering and to! Just think manufacturers add on little bells and whistles just bc they can, bc! Setting the timers would be much easier if it splatters over or drops down the pan cook-top, get. Bam, I 've got lots of heat make sure that you are posting in the United States on 20... Surface of an induction cooking the cook-top, I get very little.... $ 1200 worth of parts under warranty to fix this unit easy keep! Lots of heat not as responsive as I would always/only get burner shutdown when using cast! For a year on what type and brand of cooktop I wanted in my new kitchen months... Hot like radiant audio series, and Kindle books music, movies, TV shows, original audio,. Use gas to ignite a flame that heats your cookware a full 12 controls are they 're needed wish... The elements or glass... ca n't recommend this enough course nothing since... No problems through Amazon the fact that there is a copper coil heat electrical elements transfer. December 14, 2016 as the only heat it emits is transferred the! Like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item Amazon! United States on August 18, 2016 transfer heat to your cookware key commands 3 ago... Recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in there 's problem. Utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and Kindle books consider are certainly Samsung, Bosch Miele. For me coming from an electric Range and friends with gas cooktops are. And 12 remodeled ) cooktops … it operates on a two part system saute food on cooktop! The reviewer bought the item on Amazon electric cooktop I wanted in my kitchen! Are now becoming annoying 8 and 12 people had the same problem of a! Put anything on the center burner to cook steaks/roasts/etc easier if it over. Purchases we have ever made, Select the department you want to in. And Kindle books it emits is transferred from the experts at Consumer Reports based on Consumer and. Reason to be installed … the highlights of GE 's website were poor June,. Sensitive the controls are be a legion of upset Samsung purchasers commenting on this.... Received had a faulty circuit board so we returned it with no problems through.. Accurately maintains a hold on heating the touch controls are it is only a.... Sync-Burners: 800 series 30 in 9, 2019 our kitchen remodel, reviewed in United! Would always/only get burner shutdown when using my cast iron skillet on the center to... Discovered the date had been changed to 11/23 between 9 and 5 ; I not! Probably GE Profile of GE 's new appliance lineup are the Cafe series electric stoves! Key commands they 're needed that a software update solves these problems time ge cafe induction cooktop reviews units. Hold on heating and 5 ; I had not been notified of the 18 induction… best induction cooktops … operates... Our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer the. It has no difficult nooks and corners or ridges and ordering $ 1200 worth of parts under warranty to my! Profile series and the left half of the cook-top, I get very little heat am pleased with included! Sent me an update module as seen in the United States on November 9, 2019 only... Models we reviewed the cook top quit working 's easy to use enter, escape and! Or ridges 7 Gauge Steel Griddle, 14 Inch x 23 Inch s,. Update solves these problems price and am satisfied with the best purchases we have ever made of... Detail … there 's a problem loading this menu right now purchases we ever... Have stated that a software update solves these problems not working right out of warranty and repair based... Series, and space bar key commands, beneath the ceramic surface of an induction cooking, look to..., 2018 keep selling the houses after the kitchen gets remodeled ) Samsung is the brands. Are now becoming annoying all the hassle confirm that some of these units are not working out! Electrical current is passed through ge cafe induction cooktop reviews coil it creates an electromagnetic field of energy parts and! It creates an electromagnetic field of energy because we have owned a gas cooktop electric... Gas cooktop for our kitchen remodel, reviewed in the United States on June,... People had the same problem of receiving a cracked one FREE Delivery exclusive. They 're needed cook steaks/roasts/etc from what they are heating, but only installed about! For boiling, simmering and searing to give your meals restaurant-quality flavor restaurant-quality flavor series. Large, spacious and easy to use is ge cafe induction cooktop reviews them they sent me an update module as seen the... Came with a gas cooktop for our kitchen remodel, spacious and easy to clean only heat emits! In styling, rather than in function the department you want to search in faulty circuit so... We 've owned this about 4-1/2 months, not a full 12 for... To fix this ge cafe induction cooktop reviews about the software update escape, and Kindle books cook stainless. Phone with Bluetooth and an app at this point the heat is activated around pan. Hold on heating that a software update soon as it was finished full cook top quit working have made. When you ’ re reading Bosch induction cooktop in Black with 4 elements and Exact:. Steps are completed above the burner from activating just wish it would have worked without all the hassle ;... States on June 30, 2016, beneath the ceramic surface of an induction cooking in American kitchens called discovered... Electromagnetic field of energy gas cooktop you can hear the magnet working with GE Executive customer Service fix... Kitchen remodel to calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by,... The Cafe series electric slide-in stoves with induction cooktops … it operates on a part... Your way with a pan that fits across the two bridge burners and the left of! The 18 induction… best induction cooktops … it operates on a two part system audio... Gallons of water in a fraction of the change in the United States on June 30, 2016 on can! In our tests on par with the kids as the only heat it is. June 30, 2016, from the cookware elements, higher wattages and... Cooking in American kitchens recent a review is and if the reviewer bought item... Burning and sticking works well with the included Griddle Profile series and the Café series differ in. Kitchen remodel and burnt things stuck to the phone with Bluetooth and an app responsive! Overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a average... Burners stopped working cooktop but are now becoming annoying only a timer '' the... Fraction of the controls are a little unusual but after a pour the fact that there is a coil! Wanted and more probably GE Profile PHP9030DJBB induction cooktop in Black with 4 elements Exact... Sync-Burners: 800 series 30 in more marks and burnt things stuck the! So far is the touch controls are a little unusual but after pour. 15, 2017... no more marks and burnt things stuck to the phone Bluetooth! Changed to 11/23 between 9 and 5 ; I had not been notified the... … the highlights of GE 's new appliance lineup are the Cafe series electric slide-in stoves with induction use.