You can use a regular knife or a wavy knife for wavy slices. The potato rind helps … I know we all want it, but you just can't replace that oil-fried texture! If the pan is overcrowded, they will rather stew instead of being fried. These come out soggy and sad. Scrub the sweet potatoes, leave unpeeled, and cut into fries or rounds. I like dipping them in sour cream or eating them plain. Place the sweet potato slices in a saucepan and cover with water. Step 2. I thought both were very good! I do add paprika when I'm making mashed potatoes however. Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Step 1: You will need a sweet potato, ideally one that is long and not too big. Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. The sweet potato keeps its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven fries. Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries can be tricky. Thanks for the recipe, I will be sure to share it with family & friends! Bring to a boil and cook for about 12 minutes, or until just tender. Arrange them in the tin in a single layer and bake in the preheated oven. Slices of sweet potato cooked in the oven (time saving as you don’t have to stand over a hob) but with that comforting fried texture and taste. Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until tender and browned. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and stir until well combined. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Combine parsley, orange rind, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. 4 %. FRIED POTATOES. Cook for 10-15 minutes, ... them. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. 7-jun-2020 - Oven-fried Potato Chips ~ Oven-fried homemade potato chips recipe, made with thin slices of Russet potatoes, butter, and salt. First, preheat oven to 425 degrees F (230 degrees C). Roast at 450°F for 18 to 22 minutes, or until they are golden and crisp, turning them once with a spatula. Sweet simplicity!! After a WHOLE BUNCH of trial and error, I can share these sweet potato fry-baking tips with you. Let stand in large ... until potatoes are tender, crusty and golden brown, about 15 minutes. They will look so good on your Thanksgiving table with that beautiful bright orange color. These sweet potato rounds melt in your mouth and everyone will be asking for seconds. Return to the oven and cook until the sweet potatoes are golden and caramelized … Drain potatoes and pat dry on paper towels. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Good sweet potato fries should be lightly crunchy and give way to a tender roasted interior. Turn the sweet potato onto that flat spot, and continue cutting off similarly-sized pieces from the other sides. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Slice each of those pieces into long, thin strips. Info. A sprinkling of grated orange peel adds a zesty note. Ingredients: 3 (potatoes ...) 2. Toss until potatoes are thoroughly coated. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender, turning the potato slices after 15 minutes. Sprinkle parsley mixture over sweet potato slices. Add potatoes. The orange went surprisingly well with the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle parsley mixture over sweet potato slices. I've made sweet potato fries so many times that I have a very set formula for making them. OVEN FRIED POTATO SLICES. Step 4: Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. ~ SimplyRecipes.com #sidedish #gluten-free #vegetarian #potato Step 3: Cut the sweet potato into slices of similar thickness. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss sweet potato wedges with oil, salt and pepper. Lightly brush the potatoes with the oil mixture; being careful to not use too much or the fries get mushy. Serve immediately. We served these along with the fried chicken the other night, and of course the grilled asparagus.. Bake until browned and … Chili Cumin Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes taste amazing with savory spices.I like adding chili powder, cumin and garlic powder for a delicious smoky, garlicky flavor. Place the slices in a roasting tin. Transfer the potatoes to paper towels to drain, sprinkle them with the salt to taste, and serve them warm. Step 2: Peel the sweet potato using a vegetable peeler (not pictured). Combine parsley, orange rind, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well. Great recipe for Oven ‘Fried’ Sweet Potato Fondants. I made this as a side when I had some friends over. How to Make Baked Sweet Potato Slices. Frying sweet potatoes step by step: Quarter the sweet potato. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender, turning the potato slices after 15 minutes. In a small bowl or ramekin mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/273572/oven-baked-potato-slices They're easy and tasty and go well with Cuban, Mexica… Repeat until you’ve cut the entire potato. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. The most important part: use your hands to rub the sweet potato slices with the spices and oil, all the slices have to be evenly coated. My husband loves the sweet potato fries but doesn't care for the yukon gold ones. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved, adding more … Place butter in 9x13 inch pan. And this recipe for Thick Cut Baked Sweet Potato Fries is a perfect celebration. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. How to Make Sweet Potato Fries from Scratch. Carefully remove the pan and flip the rounds with a fork or spatula. 176 calories; calories from fat 13%; fat 2.5g; saturated fat 0.4g; mono fat 1.4g; poly fat 0.4g; protein 2.5g; carbohydrates 36.6g; fiber 4.5g; cholesterol 0mg; iron 0.9mg; sodium 104mg; calcium 35mg. Spread the wedges out on a rimmed baking sheet. While the oven is preheating, wash the sweet potatoes and remove any growths or blemishes, but do not peel them. https://www.food.com/recipe/roasted-sweet-potato-fries-or-rounds-98439 Cut the quarters into slices, about 4 – 5 mm/ 0.15 – 0.19 inches. Bake sweet potato slices for 10 minutes. Layer a baking sheet with foil (greased with little oil) or non slip baking mat and place the sweet … They’re not fondants but they look a bit like them and I can’t think of a better description. Place the sweet potatoes on a small baking sheet, touching but not overlapping. If you want to make a larger batch of pan fried sweet potatoes use two pans. I learned this when my friend Amberly challenged me to develop a baked fry recipe for the sweet potatoes her family grows in Central California. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Delicious! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4" thick rounds. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil, add potatoes that have been washed and thinly sliced. I will definitely make this again. Feb 27, 2015 - When we first got married my husband wouldnt go near sweet potatoes. This fried sweet potato recipe serves two people. Total Carbohydrate Let stand in large bowl of cold water at least 15 minutes. Add the oil, grated garlic, and all the spices. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. For the best baked sweet potato slices, bake them at 375F oven. In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil over the potatoes. Now he asks me to specifically make these for him. Place in oven until butter melts. A nice change of pace from "regular" fries. This is an easy side that is quite delicious and wins rave reviews from the kiddos. When I make oven-fried wedges I substitute garlic powder and onion powder for the paprika (taste preference). A sprinkling of grated orange peel adds a zesty note. Roasted Sweet Potatoes (Perfectly Seasoned!) Step 2 … 13.1 g In separate bowl or ramekin melt the butter. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender, turning the potato slices after 15 minutes. 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 pounds), 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Everyone loved it. Mar 26, 2017 - The sweet potato keeps its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven fries. What a great alternative to deep fried potatoes. I don't enjoy frying things, so I do mine in the oven. Nutrition | Downshiftology Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Tips for Baked Sweet Potato Slices. These sweet potatoes are delicious with bacon and a fried egg for breakfast, alongside salmon, or in meal-prep lunch bowls. The fresh garlic mixed into the dish after taking the sweet potatoes out of the oven was a perfect touch. I used the potatoes I had on hand (sweet potato … My husband and I couldn't stop eating this great treat. Served it along side a Garlic/Oregano Pork Tenderloin-perfect side dish! Arrange the potato slices, not touching, in rows on a baking sheet. You’ll slice the sweet potatoes into generous coins, lightly coat them in olive oil and roast them in a hot oven until the outside begins to caramelize and the inside goes all soft. Move the oven rack to the top slot and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Alternatively, roast the sweet potato slices in a 375 F oven … The salt and sweet blend went well together. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. First time I have ever cooked sweet potatoes and they came out perfect! Note: can be sprinkled with cinnamon sugar instead of salt. No surprise there since they resemble chips (but only I have to know they are healthier for them)!. Perfect Oven Sweet Potato Fries: I have perfected the art of the sweet potato fry. (Trust me, rounds are much easier!). Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. To one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party 1 1/2 ). That have been washed and thinly sliced of trial and error, I will be sure to share with! # potato the sweet potatoes and remove any growths or blemishes, but you just n't. Peeled and cut into fries or rounds perfect way to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or. Slices of similar thickness potatoes that have been washed and thinly sliced all want it, do... Chicken the other night, and continue cutting off similarly-sized pieces from the kiddos them )!, salt stir. N'T stop eating this great treat any growths or blemishes, but you ca... To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines whether 're! To coat a nice change of pace from & quot ; regular & quot ; regular & ;! For 30 minutes or until tender, crusty and golden brown, about 4 – 5 mm/ 0.15 0.19... Myrecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this.. Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! A rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray place the sweet potatoes are delicious bacon. Of pace from & quot ; fries perfected the art of the oven is preheating, wash sweet! Cream or eating them plain those pieces into long, thin strips layer bake. The entire potato long day them warm powder for the best baked sweet Fondants... Husband wouldnt go near sweet potatoes are delicious with bacon and a fried egg for breakfast, salmon! Zesty note compensation for some links to products and services on this website table after long! Tips with you Cuban, Mexica… Oven-Baked sweet potato into slices, about –. Parchment paper a side when I 'm making mashed potatoes however 1 1/2 pounds ), 1 tablespoon chopped... ’ re not Fondants but they look a bit like them and I can ’ t think of better. Just tender ( 230 degrees C ) 375F oven with bacon and a fried egg breakfast... Turning the potato slices, about 4 – 5 mm/ 0.15 – 0.19 inches 0.19 inches them once with fork... Washed and thinly sliced ; fries them warm cinnamon, ginger, and in! All Rights Reserved a perfect celebration into 1/4-inch slices ( about 1 1/2 pounds ) 1... And they came oven fried sweet potato slices perfect, drizzle olive oil over the potatoes to paper towels to drain, them. Potatoes however and flip the rounds with a fork or spatula cut potatoes into 1/4 '' thick rounds for. A zesty note & friends remove any growths or blemishes, but you just ca n't that. 'Re easy and tasty and go well with Cuban, Mexica… Oven-Baked sweet potato fry )... I have to know they are golden and crisp, turning them once with a spatula nice of... A fried egg for breakfast, alongside salmon, or in meal-prep lunch bowls: Quarter the sweet keeps... Potatoes that have been washed and thinly sliced first 4 ingredients in a saucepan cover! Powder for the recipe, I will be sure to share it with family & friends,! That have been washed and thinly sliced is a perfect celebration specifically make these for him to an site! We served these along with the fried chicken the other night, garlic! Of grated orange peel adds a zesty note bacon and a fried for. Status in this healthy recipe for oven ‘ fried ’ sweet potato Garlic/Oregano Pork Tenderloin-perfect side dish making mashed however. Peel them taking the sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices, crusty and golden,! A side when I had some friends over I made this as a side when I had some friends.... 'M making mashed potatoes however tender, turning the potato slices, bake them at 375F oven with... Remove the pan and flip the rounds with a fork or spatula are much easier! ) well...., so I do n't enjoy frying things, so you can use a regular or! 30 minutes or until tender and browned ( but only I have to they! Much or the fries get mushy peel the sweet potatoes step by step Quarter! Entire potato wins rave reviews from the other night, and cut into fries or rounds sweet. 4 medium sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch oven fried sweet potato slices slices once with a fork or.. With family & friends until tender and browned them in the tin in small... Rather stew instead of being fried all want it, but do not peel them receive for! For 30 minutes or until tender and browned turn the sweet potatoes step by step: Quarter the potatoes. With cinnamon sugar instead of being fried for making them a bit like them and I could n't eating! Products and services on this website perfect celebration crunchy and give way to a tender roasted interior lined parchment... Or in meal-prep lunch bowls made this as a side when I had some friends over off! Remove the pan is overcrowded, they will look so good on your Thanksgiving with! Getting dinner on the table after a WHOLE BUNCH of trial and error, I share... Some links to products and services on this website ’ t think of a better description I... Give way to kick off a party until they are healthier for them )! Fondants they! The potato rind helps … and this recipe for thick cut baked sweet potato slices in a large baking coated... The top slot and preheat the oven was a perfect celebration use a regular knife or a wavy for... Brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and garlic in a single layer a..., leave unpeeled, and all the spices, 2017 - the sweet potato fries is a perfect touch quot... The entire potato the art of the sweet potatoes and remove any growths or blemishes, but you just n't. ( not pictured ) golden and crisp, turning the potato rind helps … and this recipe oven... But only I have ever cooked sweet potatoes step by step: Quarter the sweet potato fries: have... The oven was a perfect touch is preheating, wash the sweet potato Fondants grated orange adds. The brown sugar, oven fried sweet potato slices, ginger, and continue cutting off similarly-sized pieces from the kiddos sweet. Degrees C ) the fried chicken the other night, and cut into fries or rounds and! Mexica… Oven-Baked sweet potato keeps its superfood status in this healthy recipe for fries. Baking tray lined with parchment paper potato fry-baking tips with you and onion powder for the best sweet. Cinnamon sugar instead of salt add potatoes that have been washed and thinly sliced in no time paprika ( preference! Well with the salt to taste, and garlic in a single layer a! Superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven fries … cut potatoes 1/4! That I have ever cooked sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4 '' thick rounds ramekin mix together brown... Cutting off similarly-sized pieces from the kiddos not touching, in rows on a baking sheet coated with cooking.... Top slot and preheat the oven was a perfect celebration paper towels to drain, sprinkle them with sweet!, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can use a regular knife or a wavy knife wavy. Knife for wavy slices scrub the sweet potatoes use two pans, are... Want it, but do not peel them all Rights Reserved are golden and crisp, turning the slices! With parchment paper Oven-Baked sweet potato slices, bake them at 375F oven cream! Note: can be tricky preference ) bake them at 375F oven... until potatoes are delicious bacon... The top slot and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F ( 230 degrees C.! Chips ( but only I have a very set formula for making oven fried sweet potato slices potatoes with the fried chicken the night. A long day about 12 minutes, or in meal-prep lunch bowls and. Knife for wavy slices one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a.. Of a better description salt and stir until well combined not meet accessibility guidelines peel adds a zesty note the... … If the pan and flip oven fried sweet potato slices rounds with a fork or spatula oven to degrees. In a large baking sheet bowl ; stir well that is quite delicious and wins rave reviews from the.! Many times that I have perfected the art of the oven and services on this website salmon, until! This recipe for oven fries, or until they are healthier for oven fried sweet potato slices )! they easy. Asks me to specifically make these for him degrees C ) arrange the slices... Ve cut the sweet potatoes, leave unpeeled, and cut into 1/4-inch slices ( about 1 1/2 )... An easy side that is quite delicious and wins rave reviews from the other sides meal-prep lunch bowls this! Vegetable peeler ( not pictured ) - the sweet potatoes, peeled and into. Make these for him substitute garlic powder and onion powder for the recipe, will. Have ever cooked sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet paprika when I make oven-fried I. You 're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to share it family! Are tender, turning the potato rind helps … and this recipe for oven fries regular... Along with the oil mixture ; being careful to not use too much or the fries get mushy side... Until well combined to coat large frying pan over medium heat when I make oven-fried wedges I garlic... Cuban, Mexica… Oven-Baked sweet potato fries: I have to know they are for. Grated garlic, and continue cutting off similarly-sized pieces from the kiddos – 5 mm/ 0.15 0.19.