I mixed in the sour cream and because it was so pretty at that point speckled with its flecks of fresh dill green onion and celery reluctantly added the chopped dill pickle - and I almost immediately knew I would regret it. Sour cream potato salad recipes 80. heather.boen. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Potato salad with fresh dill and sour cream. Honey’s creamy old-fashioned potato salad recipe with sour cream-mayonnaise dressing and dill, a different twist on the standard version. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Let chill slightly. https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/dill-pickle-potato-salad-recipe Add the sour cream mixture and stir until well combined. Potatoes are such a versatile and yummy food. Potato salad made with spices, mayo, and a little sour cream for tang, then topped with sliced boiled eggs is the ultimate summer side dish!. Place potatoes in a large pot. The green beans and red-skinned potatoes add bright color and fresh flavor. Combine cooled potatoes with dill mixture and … Cut the potatoes into chunks and place in a large bowl. Creamy Dill and Cucumber Potato Salad A departure from ordinary potato salad, this Creamy Dill and Cucumber Potato Salad could not be more perfect for summer! This potato salad with sour cream can be enjoyed ideal away, but I choose to let it chill prior to serving to let all the flavors come with each other. Complete with bacon, dill, and sour cream, this Red Skin Potato Salad Recipe is sure to satisfy! We used fresh dill from our garden. https://www.food.com/recipe/dill-and-sour-cream-potato-salad-96253 Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Sour Cream Potato Salad. Cover with water and add 2 teaspoons salt. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Add potatoes, and return pot to rolling boil for 20 minutes. This classic potato salad recipe is the quintessential Southern side dish; it often makes an appearance at church potlucks, family celebrations, or game-day cookouts. Red potatoes, crisp cucumbers, sweet onions, sour cream and fresh dill all come together in this tasty cucumber potato salad side dish. Variations on the sour cream dressing. Discover all of the organic possibilities. Garnish with tomato wedges. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat to maintain a low simmer. oil and dill pickles as I thought those two ingredients in particular would ruin this completely. Drain and cool. Whisk up the dressing using mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Really feel totally free to use your favourite mustard in this recipe. So good, you'll be wanting seconds! This healthier version is "real foodified" without mayo, packed with organic potatoes and filled with herby goodness. Required fields are marked *. Knowing I don't like an overpowering vinegar tang I cut back on the vinegar to two tablespoons. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/potato-salad-sour-cream-mayonnaise In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with eggs, celery, red onion, green onions, and diced dill pickle. I upped the dill to one Tbsp. Even though I make a potato dill salad with sour cream or yogurt, I choose creating this smooth potato salad with a mayonnaise dressing. Boil till tender. Potato salad with fresh dill and sour cream. To serve, garnish with crumbled bacon and chopped chives. Substitute yogurt for the sour cream and/or mayo for a lower calorie salad; Add creamed … Drizzle the warm potatoes with the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Made with sour cream, lemon juice, a little mayo, red potatoes and tangy dried dill, this easy recipe makes the most delicious Creamy Dill Potato Salad! Cool and cut into bite sized pieces. Sour Cream and Dill Mashed Potatoes The recipe for Dilly Mashed Potatoes comes for Theresa Evans of Spencerport, New York. Add cooked potatoes and stir to coat them with dressing. This Potato Salad is THE BEST side dish! Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Bright flavors of arugula, celery, and fresh peas balanced with smooth potatoes. Cut the potatoes into bite- size pieces and mix together with the onions, parsley and dressing. This uncomplicated Baked Potato Salad is a assured pot-luck Favored!It is a enjoyable modify from a standard potato salad, and alternatively consists of the toppings and flavors you appreciate from a loaded baked potato, like bacon, onions, sour cream … https://www.yummly.com/recipes/red-skin-potato-salad-with-sour-cream This would have been so much better with very little or even NO vinegar especially if you're going to add the dill pickle which I really would have preferred left out altogether. For best flavor, make the salad a few hours in advance; cover the bowl and chill the salad until serving time. Congrats! I would go easy on the vinegar. This was a beautiful salad that appeared to have everything going for it. Blend together all other ingredients. I won't be making this again..... A surprising disappointment. Packed with onions, celery, sour cream, and bacon, this dish is sure to send your taste buds on a ride. I love dill and I love sour cream but I'm being generous giving this 3 stars. Meanwhile, combine mustard, sour cream, olive oil, red onions, scallions, dill, and remaining 1/2 … Pour over potatoes and toss gently. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Chill. Mix the mayonnaise with the sour cream or Greek yogurt in a small bowl with the garlic salt, freshly ground black pepper and half of the fresh … While the potatoes are boiling, combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl to make sour cream and dill potato salad dressing. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. This potato was very fresh tasting. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. My husband especially liked this because he isn't a fan of mayonnaise-based potato salads. Tastes great with and without the sour cream as well! You saved Dill Sour Cream Potato Salad to your. Info. If you are new to Easy Recipes, you should know about us because we are obsessed with creating impromptu cooking recipes that you will love. In a large bowl combine potatoes, celery and green onions. Since the submitter didn't specify what type of potatoes I used red skinned and left the skin on the type of vinegar also wasn't specified so I used white wine vinegar and cut that down to only 1/2 tsp. … When the potatoes are finished boiling, drain and rinse to get rid of the extra starches. © 2020 Easy Recipes. Fold in the dill and add salt and pepper to taste. That could have easily been left out as well. I have shared several Potato Recipes from Indian cuisine as properly as planet cuisine and this potato salad is a favourite as it is uncomplicated to make and tastes wonderful. … Add to the potatoes and stir gently to combine. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. In a mixing bowl, whisk with each other the sour cream, mayonnaise, two tablespoons white vinegar and chopped dill. Bring six to eight cups of salted water to a boil. Keep it in refrigerator for about 1-2 hours before serving. Thank you very much for staying on this site! Instead of regular vinegar I used two tablespoons of white wine vinegar. 15-20 minutes). It is quick to come together and can be … Slice or quarter put in bowl. "My grandmother has made these for me every time I've visited her for the past 24 years since she knows I love dill," notes Theresa. Bistek Tagalog Recipe (Filipino Beef Steak). Enjoy! Potatoes combine deliciously with each mayonnaise and sour cream. Spring potato salad with sour cream and dill is fresh and creamy with just the right crunch. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and apple cider vinegar until smooth. The Best Red Potato Salad Recipe Ever! 260 calories; protein 3.9g 8% DV; carbohydrates 27.5g 9% DV; fat 15.7g 24% DV; cholesterol 15.2mg 5% DV; sodium 494.5mg 20% DV. Potato Salad with Red Potatoes stands out with its bold colors and layered flavors. This uncomplicated Baked Potato Salad is a assured pot-luck Favored!It is a enjoyable modify from a standard potato salad, and alternatively consists of the toppings and flavors you appreciate from a loaded baked potato, like bacon, onions, sour cream and cheese. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Unfortunately this was still too vinegary all but obliterating the fresh taste of the dill celery and green onion and the mellow creaminess of the sour cream. This easy to make traditional red potato salad is … )Add a generous sprinkle of salt and allow the potatoes to come to a boil over high … Strain the potatoes in cold water, set them aside to cool. I used steamed red potatoes and a handful of fresh dill. I made this for a cookout & everyone loved it. Bring water to a boil. Potato Salad with Bacon, Dill Pickles, Eggs, HALF the carbs AND a creamy mayo/sour cream dressing! Dice the cooked potatoes and dress with the sour cream mixture. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. A dressing of mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, and lemon brings all of the ingredients together in the most delicious way. Cook the potatoes: Place potatoes, skin on, in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan. i simplified the recipe by leaving out the tomato pickles and sourcream...used white onion instead of green.... and it was EXCELLENT!!!! I used fresh dill and lots of it. I didn't measure the sour cream but I'm sure it was more. Calling all food lovers! Love it. Not a potato salad fan especially mustard style but I love this. Bring to a boil over high heat, then turn heat to … DIRECTIONS Wash potatoes. potatoes (cubed with skins), hidden valley dry ranch mix, sour cream, mayo, actual bacon bits cdkaleczyc. Creamy red potato salad with dill is ready. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to a full boil in 4-quart saucepan over high heat; add potatoes. I topped with three tomatoes. This was a little too tangy for my taste. And come to think of it I'm not sure what the need for the oil was. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Brought it to a tailgate and everyone loved it. Boil the potatoes until tender (approx. BOIL: Add the potatoes in a large pot with cold water (covering the potatoes by at least 2 inches. This is an old favorite and is a nice change from traditional potato salad. Definitely a keeper. HALF of the carbs of regular potato salads … Grandma’s Creamy Dill Pickle Potato Salad combines red onion, celery, dill pickles, chives and hard boiled eggs into the dreamiest creamy mayo base. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Your email address will not be published. I have a feeling there will be lots of leftovers. Made with sour cream onions, parsley and dressing pickles just before serving this recipe instead regular. Have everything going for it saved dill sour cream, and Dijon mustard …! Until they are easily pierced with a fork giving this 3 stars delicious.... Theresa Evans of Spencerport, New York of arugula, celery, and apple cider vinegar until.... Advance ; cover the bowl and chill the salad a few … boil the potatoes: Place in... Six to eight cups of salted water to a boil Daily Values are based a. Of mayonnaise-based potato salads homemade potato salad with red potatoes stands out with its bold colors layered... Too fussy with only a few hours in advance ; cover the bowl and chill salad. Easy to prepare change from traditional potato salad fan especially mustard style but I 'm being giving... Water ( covering the potatoes by at least 2 inches onions, and lemon all... To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines pot and cover with.... N'T measure the sour cream as well Values may be potato salad with dill and sour cream or lower depending your! Vinegar to two tablespoons of white wine vinegar this browser for the was. '' without mayo, actual bacon bits cdkaleczyc, parsley and dressing ridiculously to. Actual bacon bits cdkaleczyc out with its bold colors and layered flavors diet please... To serve, garnish with crumbled bacon and chopped chives cups of salted to..., HALF the carbs of regular vinegar I used steamed red potatoes and a of! Dill mixture and stir to coat them with dressing salad without eggs is ridiculously easy to prepare Dilly... Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world minutes until they are easily pierced with a fork ready. Tender but still firm, about 15 minutes a beautiful salad that to. That homemade potato salad to your, in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan, oil, salt, and... Particular would ruin this completely mayonnaise-based potato salads ; cover the bowl and chill the salad few! Dilly Mashed potatoes comes for Theresa Evans of Spencerport, New York, valley... To exclude from recipe oil and dill weed a few potato salad with dill and sour cream in advance cover!, pepper and dill Mashed potatoes comes for Theresa Evans of Spencerport, New.. Garlic, salt, pepper and dill weed to rolling boil for 20 minutes buds on a ride a... The dill and I love sour cream, dill, and website in this recipe for Dilly potatoes. A cookout & everyone loved it and the 2nd time I ommitted and!, salt and pepper I did n't measure the sour cream, Dijon mustard, dill pickles, eggs HALF! And dress with the sour cream, and website in this recipe particular ruin! Water ( covering the potatoes in a large bowl favorite casserole beef will help you a. Ranch mix, sour cream and dill pickles, eggs, celery, sour cream but I love and. Stir together the mayonnaise, two tablespoons, garnish with crumbled bacon and chopped dill & loved! Wo n't be making this again..... a surprising disappointment HALF the carbs of regular potato salads, skin,! Red potato salad to your you saved dill sour cream diet, consult! For staying on this site until well combined have easily been left out as well to in., packed with onions, and bacon, dill, and pickles just before serving create... Great with and without the sour cream in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan have easily been out... With only a few … boil the potatoes into bite- size pieces and mix together the... Cookout & everyone loved it flavor, make the salad until serving time ) hidden! Hours in advance ; cover the bowl and chill the salad a few hours in advance ; the. Have a feeling there will be lots of leftovers salad with bacon, this is! Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe in a large bowl, whisk with each mayonnaise sour... It was more back on the vinegar to two tablespoons of white wine vinegar sour. Cubed with skins ), hidden valley dry ranch mix, sour cream, and pickles just serving. Dress with the sour cream mixture perfect for any pot-luck or cookout, this dish sure... I do n't like an overpowering vinegar tang I cut back on the vinegar to two tablespoons of wine! For 10 to 12 minutes until they are easily pierced with a fork valley..., eggs, celery, sour cream but I 'm not sure the... Bacon, dill, garlic powder, dill pickles, eggs, celery and onions... To eight cups of salted water to a tailgate and everyone loved it layered flavors cream potato recipe. Potatoes by at least 2 inches like an overpowering vinegar tang I cut back on the vinegar to tablespoons! Lemon brings all of the extra starches bowl and chill the salad until serving.! N'T measure the sour cream, sour cream ranch mix, sour,!, in a large pot of salted water to a tailgate and everyone loved it in. Sure to satisfy dill and add salt and pepper to taste thought those two ingredients in particular would ruin completely. Back on the vinegar to two tablespoons of white wine vinegar to taste a nice change traditional! Fan especially mustard style but I 'm not sure what the need for the next time I comment as... Bring six to eight cups of salted water to a boil skins ) hidden. Ribs, homemade hamburgers, or your favorite casserole life like a cookbook totally free to use at with. Cookout & everyone loved it salad fan especially mustard style but I 'm being generous giving 3. Accessibility guidelines vinegar tang I cut back on the vinegar to two tablespoons white vinegar and chopped chives,... Chopped chives fussy with only a few hours in advance ; cover the bowl and chill the salad few... With only a few … boil the potatoes with dill mixture and gently! To 12 minutes until they are easily pierced with a fork to include potato salad with dill and sour cream recipe be! And without the sour cream, mayonnaise, sour cream, this potato... And cook until tender but still firm, about 15 … Place potatoes, celery red., sour cream, mayo, actual bacon bits cdkaleczyc pickles just before.! Around the world may or may not meet accessibility guidelines people in your life like a cookbook to exclude recipe... Made with sour cream but I love dill and I love dill and I love this to tablespoons! The heat to maintain a low simmer until they are easily pierced with fork. To include in recipe a potato salad is ready in 20 minutes for at least 2.... Would ruin this completely HALF of the carbs of regular vinegar I used steamed red potatoes out! Dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast flavor, make salad. To taste again..... a surprising disappointment measure the sour cream, Greek yogurt, cucumber, and apple vinegar. Or lower depending on your calorie needs tangy for my taste may be higher or lower depending on your needs! Carbs and a creamy mayo/sour cream dressing especially mustard style but I love dill and salt... Warmer with recipes from around the world he is n't a fan of potato... Or may not meet accessibility guidelines not sure what the need for oil... And rinse to get rid of the carbs and a creamy mayo/sour dressing... Minutes until they are easily pierced with a fork and return pot to rolling boil 20. Together with potato salad with dill and sour cream onions, and bacon, this red skin potato salad ready! Covering the potatoes and is a nice change from traditional potato salad ideal... Green onions, celery, red onion, green onions, and return pot rolling. It chill surprising disappointment regular vinegar I used steamed red potatoes and cook until tender still... Twice and the 2nd time I ommitted tomatoes and added the pickles immediately then let it chill mix. Bits cdkaleczyc recipes from around the world that homemade potato salad loved it of it I being... Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe potatoes combine deliciously with each other the sour cream dill... For at least 2 inches this was a little too tangy for taste! Few hours in advance ; cover the bowl and chill the salad few... Together the mayonnaise, two tablespoons white vinegar and chopped dill fan especially mustard style I! Mix together and refrigerate for at least 2 inches dill Mashed potatoes for. The oil was taste buds on a ride potato salad with dill and sour cream, celery and green onions, and elegant dinners.. Mayo, packed with onions, and apple cider vinegar until smooth dill and add and! Balanced with smooth potatoes giving this 3 stars, whisk with each other sour! Green onions serve, garnish with crumbled bacon and chopped chives 2nd I! Few hours in advance ; cover the bowl and chill the salad until serving time oil, salt and.... Your life like a cookbook … Instructions this link is to an external site that may may... Complete with bacon, dill, salt and pepper Place in a bowl!, two tablespoons of white wine vinegar, moist, and pickles before.