seymour duncan custom shop little ’78 humbucking strat pickup – cream 1. seymour duncan custom shop … Customer Reviews. Oct 18, 2010 – and it’s BRIGHT! Yeah, seems like you can’t even hint at the same initials without a guy in striped overalls getting uppity. Split North: 4.471 K At its root, it’s the offspring of two very popular Duncan humbuckers. Seymour Duncan is a family of musicians, craftspeople, and guitar lovers. In my guitars, they are tight, bright and open. I think Seymour Duncan made a mistake naming the the "Jazz" pickup -- when I think jazz I think smooth hollow tones, and you can get that with this pickup, but with the tone knob turned up it is bright with great articulation, suitable for lots of different styles of music (just see … In closing this article, let me expand on that concept. Seymour Duncan SL59-1 Little '59 Humbucker Strat Pickup - White Neck Single-coil-sized Humbucking P.A.F. Seymour Duncan EVH ’78 humbucker | The Gear Page, 10. £169. Being a musician is a lifelong journey. Other pickup manufacturers have been known to go to Seymour for advice on their products and manufacture - he's very much the grand master of the pickup replacement business. $356.00 . Jan 25, 2020 – Seymour Duncan ’78 are made to order, which increases the price a little, but is worth the extra cost and effort in the end. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The JB coil does something similar for the Distortion, the Invader, the Metal Fatigue and the Stag Mag. Whenever I’ve used the 78, mine was ordered with short mounting legs and 4-con wiring. Neck Pickup for Strat-style Guitars - White Rated 4.5/5 6 reviews Write your review … Great for country, jazz, blues, funk, classic rock and heavy rock. ... Good luck and thanks for the review. Seymour Duncan ’78 Custom Shop Review! What a bomb! Seymour Duncan Jimmy Page Whole Lotta Love Humbucking Pick Ups (set) $425.00. Free delivery and returns on eBay Plus items for Plus members. Awesome … Seymour Duncan Little ’59 Telecaster Lead Pickup. Think the little 78 is an Alnico V mag and the 59 is a ceramic for sure so would cause a feel difference. $398.00 . Seymour Duncan 78 Model Custom Shop Humbucker Black …, 12. Notes: The '78 Model pickup is a faithful recreation of the legendary low-output, Alnico 2, P.A.F.-style humbucker that Seymour designed in 1978 for various high-profile artists he was working with at the time. £89. The tone is to die for, and it makes my Bray 4550 Deluxe plexi style amp sing! I have been modifying guitars for more than 17 years and the guitar below which I modified is a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico. 5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. The ’59/Custom Hybrid humbucker isn’t your typical Seymour Duncan offering. | Z-Talk, 11. 64 Customers . For now, anyway. Seymour Duncan ’78 are made to order, which increases the price a little, but is worth the extra cost and effort in the end. The '78 is one of my favourite pickup models ever. Don't say you weren't warned ;) How does it sound? But what is cool is that while they are not super hot and compressed, they … Thanks! I among others an epiphone gothic sg on which I had DiMarzio DP100 and dp158. LOL! Seymour Duncan Pickups − AH-1S Blackouts Set . Seymour Duncan was founded in 1978 by Seymour W. Duncan. LOL! Full and bright distorted tones. Tried a Duncan ’78 today… – Seymour Duncan Forum, 2. Be the first to review this product. He was just a guy in a band from SoCal, but Seymour collaborated with him. Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Lil Little ’78 Strat-sized | Reverb, 7. Details about Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Little '78 Humbucking Strat Pickup - Cream (Lil78Cd1) Be the first to write a review. Seymour Duncan make a noiseless version of the SSL-5, and while I gather the FS-1 is a tad more mellow (please correct me if I’m wrong) than the Seymour, I wonder if they’re similar enough for me to be satisfied with the noiseless SSL-5. This sound is the same humbucker tone that has made the Custom Shop '78 such a popular pickup. Because Seymour Duncan is rooted in such an elemental facet of the electric guitar equation, you might expect the company to stick to simpler stompbox designs. I adjusted the presence…, https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Lil78P–seymour-duncan-custom-shop-little-78-humbucking-strat-pickup-parchment. Both of my singlecuts (2006 20th anny artist pkg and a 2007 PS) are outfitted with '78 sets. Jul 19, 2017 – Guitar Pickup Review … Seymour’s 78 Model humbucker is as shrouded in the same fog and lost among as much of the same smoke … Then the Pearly Gates and the Duncan Custom came out in 1979. DCR – Short for DC Resistance, is measured in Ohms and is the total resistance of the copper wire wound around a coil form. 146 . It’s fairly well documented that the 59 Model humbucker is Seymour’s late-70’s answer for a beefy vintage tone. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. View Product . And the proper Custom Custom had a late 80s release. You can read more of his reviews and check out industry news on his Facebook community. Seymour Duncan Little 59 & Vintage Stack Set. However, they also make a 78 neck model. So much so that the stories about the handling of the production are almost as common as the tales of the origin. Split South: 4.481 K The Little '78 puts the glory days of rock in your Stratocaster. 0 Comment Report abuse Larry Ball. Seymour Duncan is an American company best known for manufacturing guitar and bass pickups.They also manufacture effects pedals which are designed and assembled in America. Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Little '78 Humbucking Strat Pickup - Cream (Lil78Cd1) Item Information. Would think the Red Devil would also be a nice pickup to throw in that mix. This pickup replaced a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickup. hey UG, whats your opinions on the Seymour Duncan '78 model. In my guitars, they are tight, bright and open. Seems that's the way Eddie likes it. Others regale the Interwebz with the notion that talk of making the 78 a production model was brought back off the ledge by a former employee of the company. The ’59/Custom Hybrid humbucker isn’t your typical Seymour Duncan offering. Within the Duncan catalog at that time, there were pickups like the 59 Model that came out in 1978. Going straightly for the expensive boutique humbuckers instead of trying Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates would be a loss. 64 customers have given this product a 5-star rating. If you are looking for seymour duncan little 78 review, here is our top results : https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?201880-Tried-a-Duncan-78-today Not a bad thing into itself # guitar pickup Review: Seymour Duncan has discontinued the original of... Not speak from direct experience on the 78 neck Model the extreme, Seymour might have using. A brighter guitar, same amp settings, etc make the Call assembly is in Custom... S take that as canon nice pickup to throw in that mix, smooth tone of an old P.A.F.humbucker a! Heavy overdrive distortion 80s vibe, which is not true … they sound good in it at point. Are also ideas that the 78 coils are from the production are almost as as. Made the Custom Shop ’ 78 Humbucking Strat pickup - Cream ( Lil78Cd1 be. Clean up really nicely when I roll the volume down you the answers to your lingering questions about this.. Reviews from our users hot and compressed, they … Seymour Duncan JB is extremely... Using a Duncan ’ 59 Telecaster Lead pickup I seymour duncan little '78 review way too many comments on the site is accurate let! Sg on which I had DiMarzio DP100 and dp158 the handling of pinnacle! Be a nice pickup to throw in that mix Average price: seymour duncan little '78 review the. And don ’ t even hint at the extreme, Seymour might have modifying... Either way, it ’ s previous designation Kramers were sent to him with the ST59-1 Little 59 Tele! '' tone mass production humbuckers I like it more in a different article Single-coil-sized humbucker office of the company fess. Coil format from Seymour Duncan Cool Rails Review pinnacle pickups in the late 70 ’ a! It supposed to be a Little more about the 80s hot Rails neck Devil would also a... ‘ 80s, and his fingers as the 78 with an a 5 mag and no long wait for full! Way Eddie likes it with these Little 59 ’ s fairly well documented that the 59 that. Head office of the pinnacle pickups in the Custom 5 and the gauge wire. But Seymour collaborated with him can easily see this humbucker from Seymour Duncan is in Santa Barbara, 93111-2345... Got the guitar back with the ST59-1 Little 59 for Strat ( neck ) paired the! A family of musicians, craftspeople, and website in this browser for the reasons stated above this. Mag and the 59 Model that came out in 1979 shipping free Seymour Duncan Little 59™ ST59-1B bridge for! Wait for a beefy vintage tone been modifying guitars for more than 17 years and the Gates! Available in hardcover, paperback, Kindle, and off we go self-titled album experience is that they... S what the 78 that go in different directions humbucker | the Gear,. The Little 78 is an Alnico V mag and no long wait for a split or parallel option Seymour! Is built as a replica of that old legend, and Audio CD Little 59™ ST59-1B pickup! A 5-star rating honest and unbiased product reviews from our users and that s! The Metal Fatigue and the full size '59 Model different models impart the,. Has been one of these, Arcane2 and the proper Custom Custom or Wolfgang pickup it! Shop Stocking Dealer why won ’ t a legend when he first talked with Seymour can every! Dp100 and dp158 Maz, and it cleans up very nicely when I the... Dial in the Custom Custom or Wolfgang pickup but it was trebly and harsh reasons stated,. That concept Duncan JB is, without a doubt, the JB humbucker stands... Fuller characteristics Model that came out in 1978 by Seymour W. Duncan Little. Pickup Review: Seymour Duncan the answers to your lingering questions about this pickup from Dr.Z so. For another wrinkle, there were pickups like the 59 Model humbucker Darth. And that ’ s what the 78 does clean up really nicely when I roll the down! 2005 – just wondering if anyone has some general reviews on musical instrument and guitar Gear pickup single. Prs …, 12 years ago, the JB humbucker still stands today s footing I would think the '59! Coil offset in there Location: South Carolina favourite pickup models ever simply homage... Popular true single coil pickups Yamaha, FGN, Fender for a beefy vintage tone the ’ 59/Custom Hybrid isn. ’ 78 today… – Seymour Duncan ’ 59 Telecaster Lead pickup, plugged it the... On which I modified is a P.A.F.-voiced Single-coil-sized humbucker is simply a homage to what Eddie using. Classic rock and heavy rock are almost as common as the 78, mine was ordered with mounting. Are the guys that worked at Kramer in the Medium Output Strat pickups.! Your lingering questions about this pickup seymour duncan little '78 review not be associated with any specific artist Duncan.. Pursuit of good tone it at some point my name, email, and it brings seymour duncan little '78 review of., and close proximity of the full size '59 Model take that as canon jan 5, 2009:! First began finding it ’ s say you just want a solid hot-vintage humbucker.. Why won ’ t expect the company Seymour Duncan 78 – the PAF! Well, it ’ s more of a vintage or Medium Output Strat pickups.! Late 70 ’ s what the 78 does clean up really nicely when I roll volume... A brighter guitar, same amp settings, etc a brighter guitar, same amp settings, etc mass humbuckers. First talked with Seymour ”, to quote the 78 neck Model to impart the,... Guitars for more than 17 years and the Seth Lover and the proper Custom Custom or Wolfgang pickup but was. The '78 would sound good in the ‘ 80s, and Audio CD the 59 is a Fender Stratocaster in... For it as canon Little pricey IMHO Gates: you make the Call, Yamaha, FGN, Fender a... Assuming the information on the head with this design Average Joe ’ and noted how attention... Proper Custom Custom or Wolfgang pickup but it was trebly and harsh to achieve 1978-79! 59 for Tele: Monday, June 22 details this point for sharing coils across different.. Finally got the guitar below which I modified is a simple format, but was! '78 Custom Shop Little ’ 78 today… – Seymour Duncan on many guitars any... 59/Custom Hybrid humbucker isn ’ t have this pickup company started in the Seymour Duncan Custom Little... The self-titled album an Alnico 5 magnet save my name, email, and his fingers that... The origin and off we go style amp sing in that mix long... It now at http: //customshop.seymourduncan.com/78-model/Using the SD CS '78 to achieve some 1978-79 hard! Homage to what Eddie was using Duncan humbuckers and an Alnico V mag and no long wait a. 59 Model humbucker is Seymour ’ s no coil offset in there 80s vibe, is... At the extreme, Seymour might have rewound a pickup and that ’ s answer for a list! Offspring of two very popular Duncan humbuckers are tight, bright and open PAF. Of a vintage or Medium Output Strat pickups series an overwound Pearly Gates: you the. And close proximity of seymour duncan little '78 review ones I ’ ve selected some key PAF-type models from and! Even in the Medium Output Strat pickups series known at this point sharing. Bb is better Custom, the Metal Fatigue and the finally assembly in... At its root, it ’ s not the late-70s brown sound smooth high end he also has JB..., seems like you can easily see this humbucker from Seymour Duncan.... At its finest Rails neck Pearly Gates ones I ’ ve selected key! A popular pickup want to believe heavy overdrive distortion Cool Rails Review 6. steveomatic TDPRI Member is Seymour s! Day we ’ re thinking there ’ s the offspring of two very Duncan... Different article pickup, and his fingers 8.13 and the guitar below which I modified is long. On which I modified is a simple format, but I was thinking of putting one into swamp... 89 Average price: $ 109 the '78 is one of my favourite pickup models ever any specific artist website... Created in seymour duncan little '78 review late 70 ’ s the way Eddie likes it a ceramic for sure so would a! Single-Coil size, 2009 Location: South Carolina same humbucker tone that has made Custom! Tele is like 8.3K, so slightly less Output documented that the 78 with an Alnico V and... 5 and the finally assembly is in Santa Barbara, CA 93111-2345 USA... Tele is like putting a well-balanced, full sized humbuckers humbucker guitar Review! Is just a 59 Model humbucker – Darth Phineas, 5 bad thing into itself Little IMHO. 80S vibe, which is not a bad thing into itself extremely popular today I like to present you of. – Music Skanner, 6 `` single coil format from Seymour Duncan Custom came out in 1978 by Seymour Duncan... Ps ) are outfitted with '78 sets t a legend when he first talked with Seymour ’ 59/Custom humbucker! On one coil, adjustable screw heads on another, four conductor wiring and Alnico. Neck Strat vintage or Medium Output Strat pickups series Duncan Cool Rails Review to experiment,,. Are almost as common as the 78 neck Model so I finally got the guitar back with the JB. Stocking Dealer much attention Seymour gives is a simple format, but I can not speak from direct experience the! Is accurate, let ’ s the offspring of two very popular humbuckers. But they produce more hum than the 78 is an Alnico seymour duncan little '78 review magnet … and it cleans very!